International Women's Day

I could write a 1,000 word post on the subject of women, but I think I would end up exhausted, angry, and depressed by the time I finished it, so I won't do that. I will, instead, direct you to the Yarn Harlot, who wrote a more-than-adequate post on the subject of women in the world.

I will also leave you with these pictures put out by the Red Cross during World War I, encouraging women to do their part through knitting.


Because women have always done "their bit," without question, often without being asked, and mostly without anything in return.

Everyone should call their mother today. Just saying.

flossie

1 comments:

  1. Happy International Women's day to all. This should be celebrated often as this is a great to give a tribute to many women out there.

    ReplyDelete