Chunky Knit Coats!

According to the NY Times and Pitti Uomo, chunky knit coats for men are coming into style.

© Corneliani GoRunway
Lucky men.






I've had my eye on a knit coat of my own, but I've been putting it off because I know it will take me forever. I already have the yarn, but I know once it starts, I won't see any other knitting for at least 3-6 months. It's by Blue Sky Alpaca and it's called the Audrey Coat, and it's really adorable.
I have this beautiful, heathery peacock blue stashed away for it, but if I start it now, well, it won't be done until the summer, and there's no way I'm wearing an alpaca coat in the summer.




Speaking of coats that are too warm for this season, Dolce & Gabbana also showed a knit piece during Pitti Uomo, but I think it's a bit much. I'm all for fashion, and you can probably even push me to accepting some outlandish fashion, but this, this is just ridiculous. Sorry D&G, this is a thread too far.
© Dolce & Gabbana GoRunway
Where will a man, or a woman, for that matter, wear this? Even in the winter, I just can't make sense of it. I love knitting, but there's such a thing as too much knitting. This is too much knitting for me. Way, way too much knitting. That crotch also looks a little too baggy. Like, diaper baggy.
If you'd like to see some more knit highlights, click here to see the NY Times coverage. There is a really cute multicolored cardigan that would look good on anyone that is worth seeing. I promise, no matching pants.

Happy knitting!


Flossie

0 comments:

Post a Comment