Almost there Mom, almost there


Mom's scarf, lounging in the sun
So, my mother's scarf is almost complete; I just have to learn how to crochet in order to make the border. The lace wound up being super-easy to do, and if I didn't have a thousand other things to do, I'm sure it would have knit up a lot faster than the three weeks it took. I love the color and the yarn itself is really beautiful - Alchemy Haiku. It's part mohair, part silk, and it's so light and feathery that if you toss a strand of it into the air, it literally floats back down. Believe me, I did it a few times throughout the process of knitting it. I think it's the softest yarn I've ever worked with.
This scarf has a really intricate crochet border, and I don't really crochet, so it will be a challenge to figure out the next step. I think I might actually take a break to make an easy-peasy dishcloth. I know; I'm lame.
But I think I deserve it, no?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful and delicate scarf. You impress me more and more with each piece you make. You have real talent my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your great-grandmother would be so proud of you! I think she gave us each a little of her talent and zeal. Love,
    Fawzia.

    ReplyDelete